It is assumed you have already setup your advertiser account and have created campaigns. If not, please follow the Advertiser Getting Started Guide here.
Read through the steps below to get started.
What is install/conversion tracking?
Install/conversion tracking allows you to track the install performance of your campaigns in relation to your spend. This enables you to make decisions about campaign budgets and the effectiveness of ads based on the install/conversion achieved when assessing performance for campaign optimization. There are two ways that install/conversion tracking can be implemented, depending your circumstances:
Campaign Click ID based tracking
Campaign Click ID based tracking is the preferred (default) method of tracking installs/conversions available with campaigns. It’s selection depends on your campaign type and it’s related install/conversion tracking capabilities, This method of tracking is best suited to implementations supporting parameter-driven server-side postbacks:
Campaign Server Side Postback with Click ID
For campaign server side postback install/conversion tracking, a click ID parameter should be appended to the campaign landing URL. This allows Leadbolt to successfully identify the click responsible and appropriately attribute an install/conversion to your campaign. The process to set up this type of tracking is:
- Append the [CLK-ID] token to the campaign landing URL, assigning it to an appropriate GET parameter.Example:
Please note, your landing URL must be capable of receiving and processing the parameter and related token value.
- Obtain the install/conversion tracking postback URL by clicking on the “Conversion Tracking” option under the campaigns setting menu:
Select the server-side postback option:
- Place the server-side postback URL on your server and call it when a install/conversion occurs ensuring you append the received click ID parameter value.If you want to implement a global server-side postback for Leadbolt campaigns on your server you can simply include the track ID token in you campaign landing URL and dynamically replace it on your server when calling our postback URL. An example of this is shown below:
Campaign Tracking Codes (HTTP/ HTTPS)
Campaign Tracking Codes are a client side install/conversion tracking method using html based tracking codes. This method is most suitable for mobile websites. The set up this type of tracking is listed below:
- Obtain the campaign tracking code by clicking on the “Conversion Tracking Code” button:
Select either Tracking Code (HTTP) or Tracking Code (HTTPS) as relevant:
- Copy and insert this tracking code (HTTP/HTTPS) into the html source of webpage/ WebView displayed when an install/conversion occurs.
HTTP and Postback Response Codes
The following process is followed for all install/conversion calls:
- When we successfully receive an install/conversion call on our servers we immediately respond with a HTTP 204 response code.
- All other HTTP response codes including timeouts should be considered unsuccessful and retried as relevant.
- For successfully received install/conversion calls, we subsequently process the received install/conversion data and attribute campaigns as appropriate.